Dormancy

Traditionally, this has been the time of year I head west, especially to the Northwest. Not every year, but when I do go it's always during the January lull in the weather. The middle of January always seems to have a week or so where the skies are blue, the roads are clear and the days are a little warmer.

This year I've spent the first couple of weeks of the month as a caregiver to sick family members, I had a few hours this morning being taken care of, and now I'm doing another round of care-giving.

It's been too cold for weaklings like me to do much outdoors. The wind cuts through the warmest coats.

Most of the wildlife has been staying out of sight, save for the few little birds who seem to delight in this weather.

It's only a couple of weeks from the start of garden preparations and then it's back to work. I plan to remain dormant just a little longer.

Stephen P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Country Code and Shooting Dogs

Changes

Acting My Age