Free Bonus

I hadn't planned on posting three times in one day, but things just happen sometimes. I just wanted to make a few flimsy excuses and justifications while this was fresh in my mind.

First of all, I try very hard not to start a blog post with "I," so, sorry for that, but this is a special case. Second, I know I used to indent the first line in my paragraphs, but the interface changed and the tab key doesn't do it and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it before and just don't have a whole heck of a lot of time to spend learning yet another word processing program and why the heck can't they make these things a little more obvious like on a Mac? Next, quotation marks: I know I'm using inch symbols for quotes and foot symbols for apostrophies. Can't help it. Same answer as number two. And why? Why are those the defaults? Who ever uses foot and inch symbols in a text document anyway? Okay, fourth, missing hyphens: I caught those too late and once I hit "Publish Post" it's too late. I could "Delete Post," but then it's gone forever and, well, copy, paste, all that takes time and I'd just rather move on and hope to write a better post next time. Fonts? Yeah, I used to use special fonts, but, again: see previous answer.

Finally, there's the issue of grammar, syntax, spelling and form. That's on me. You call it "ignorance of the law," I call it "style." I do, however, promise that in the future I will try harder and hope to do better. If I can't be entertaining, at least I can use proper English. I may even start writing these posts in Word and uploading them, but who knows.

--Stephen P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Country Code and Shooting Dogs

Changes

Acting My Age