Christmas? Already?

Halloween was just a few days ago and Thanksgiving is still weeks away. So what's on TV? Christmas movies.

There should be a law against anything Christmas until after we've had the big turkey feast. Of course I say that, but I'm the guy who thinks we should have five day holidays: two days to get up to speed, one day for the holiday and two more days to wind down.

Over the years I've spent quite a bit of time in art and craft stores. I've noticed that the two big chains have Christmas aisles all year long. I suppose that's handy for people in Christmas related businesses. I don't really mind Christmas all year round. Christmas in July. Christmas for my birthday.

Truth be told, I'm watching a Christmas movie right now. And it isn't the first Christmas movie this week. Plus, a lot of the ads are Christmas ads.

There seems to be a rule that Christmas movies have to be about someone with a negative attitude gradually getting into the Christmas spirit. Maybe that's why we start all of this stuff so early--so we'll have time to get some grumpy person into the Christmas spirit.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I just need to get into the Christmas spirit a little early.

Stephen P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Country Code and Shooting Dogs

Changes

Busy-ness