Well I Tried

When I announced I was suspending this blog, I expected it to be long term, but I found that I missed it. So I logged back in and discovered my readership has tripled since my last post. What's up with that?

So I'm back, the blog has a new look, and I'm going to start including photos when they seem appropriate--or even when they don't.



Kathy and I like visit the lake every chance we get, even after dark. Last night we were on our way back from a trip into town and decided to stop in at the South Dam Area. The sky was beautiful and I managed to get a fairly good picture.



I thought you might like to see the photograph I used for the new background. I don't know how to write HTML, so I'm limited to customizing the templates available from Blogger. It would have been nice to show the really colorful part of the picture, but I would rather write than fight with software.

The past week has been eventful. The U.S. of A. hasn't exactly been dominating at the Olympics. Still, it's nothing to sneeze at. An underwater volcano off Japan appears to be on the verge of a massive eruption. Oh, and let's not forget, Elon Musk launched his car into space. How many of us have wanted to do that.

Closer to home, I just found out that Smuckers is recalling many of the canned foods they make (who knew they made dog food?) because the foods contain pentobarbital, a powerful euthanasia drug. Two of the brands are Gravy Train and Ol' Roy. We had fed Gravy Train to our dogs up until last month when it disappeared from store shelves. Then we switched to Ol' Roy. Thank goodness Smuckers doesn't make people food. Oh, wait.

This is a ridiculously busy time of year for me. We've been raking leaves and pine needles to use for mulch and compost, and getting the garden ready for planting. I have the other blog, two novels in the works and I keep a gardening journal. I'm juggling and tap dancing, but I'll be back.

Stephen P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Country Code and Shooting Dogs

Changes

Acting My Age